Jingle Bells Telethon
The Jingle Bells Telethon raises money for families in need over the holidays. Money raised from the five-hour live TV show goes to helping nearly 900 families each December, along with other ways throughout the year.
Jingle Bells Telethon, DECEMBER 12th, 2020.
NOTE: All Gift Cards have been mailed.
Televised LIVE from the Alexandria Area High School's Performing Arts Theatre (PAC)!!
Due to COVID-19 protocols, we are unable to welcome in guests to view the program at the PAC, however, we have many options for you to view the program either "RIGHT HERE" online or over the air (Channel options listed below).
We rely on your donations to make the program work, so, although we cannot have your company or organization in the studio to present your check, we would love to be able to see your faces and give you some love on the air that night. Simply take a photo of your group, holding the check and email that photo with a brief description to us at email@example.com.
The 2020 Telethon appeared on:
- Charter cable Channel 181
- Selective TV Channel 21.4
- Gardonville Channel 4
- Park Region Channel 1
- Runestone Telecom Channel 6
- Arvig Channel 14
- This Website
Guide to Jingle Bells 2020
- Jingle Bells 2020 will take place on Saturday, December 12th starting at 5pm! The first show was held in December of 1949. It has run every year since then, including this "crazy" year.
- The telethon will take place at Alexandria Area High School.
- Chosen performers auditioned online and will perform live at AAHS's Performing Arts Center (PAC) on December 12th.
- While we plan to resume our regular food and toy basket deliveries in 2021, during this season of COVID-19, we will be sending out grocery gift cards following the Jingle Bells 2020 event.
- We will not be distributing toys this year. There are other community toy charities listed on our website that may be able to help families with this avenue.
- If donations exceed our cost of purchasing grocery help for families, that money will be dispersed to various area food shelves and put into a hardship fund. We also use funds to provide an annual scholarship for a graduating senior.
- We will not be in need of volunteer help, as we do in normal years. There will be no physical food or toys to package, therefore we will not need those volunteers or drivers to deliver the baskets. (Thank you all so much for your help in the past and look forward to it in the coming years)
- We will still have a live phone bank. Those volunteers will be answering phones during the live telethon. We encourage you to call in that night with your donation.
- Donations can be made anytime throughout the year via our website at https://www.jinglebellsalexandria.org/donations/
We truly hope this event can still be a GREAT one despite all of the changes for 2020! Here’s to hoping we can be back to our door to door deliveries in 2021!!
If your company or organization would like to be recognized on the air during the telethon with your donation..... we encourage you to email a picture of "your people" and your check, along with a brief description who you are, the amount of the donation, and anything connected to it (i.e.- how the money was raised / why you like donating to Jingle Bells, etc) Unfortunately we are not able to accept donations of blankets, toys, or other gifts this year.
Email your donation photo and information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider helping with a donation
Do you have a small group that would like to help?
Please contact us for additional information on activities on how you can help. Contact us here
For the past 70 years, the we've been celebrating the holidays by giving to those less fortunate, with a Christmas Themed telethon. This live telethon event is held every December to raise money for Douglas County and surrounding areas. Many businesses, organizations, individuals and volunteers have made this possible through out the years. This year, make it your year!
Pictures & Video from Past Telethons
If you have any archive Jingle Bells video from the 1980’s, 1995-1998, 2000-2005, please contact us. email@example.com
The 2017 Telethon was presented on these channels: Charter cable channel 181 Selective TV channel 21.4 Gardonville channel 4 Park Region channel 1 Runestone Telecom Channel 6 Arvig Channel 14 This Website (via YouTube Live Streaming)
Videos from the 2015 Jingle Bells TelethonHour 1 – 2015 Jingle Bells Hour 2 – 2015 Jingle Bells Hour 3 – 2015 Jingle Bells Hour 4 – 2015 Jingle Bells Hour 5 – 2015 Jingle Bells
Thank You for visiting!
2020 marks the 72nd year of the Jingle Bells telethon.
The event is held every December, raises money from a live telethon-and all of the funds raised go to helping those in need during the holidays.
So many businesses, organizations, individuals and volunteers have made this possible through the years and we are truly grateful to have those relationships. These efforts always serve as a great community unifier.
Volunteers, especially the kids, learn the value of giving to others and the spirit of volunteerism and community. We recognize that in our yearly scholarship given to High School seniors as well.
It cannot be said enough how humbled we are to be blessed by your generosity and caring. Together we can make a difference not only during the holiday season, but throughout the year!